Tuesday, November 5, 2013

November



I discovered this month the benefit of well fitting clothing.  I  have not really lost any weight in 2 months.  I hit just under 250 on September 6th.  Today, I weighed in at 249.3.  While I wish I had lost weight the past two months, I am thrilled that my number has not gone up.  Life has become complicated lately.  In October, I spent a week working the Eastern New Mexico State Fair (raising money for my band student's account).  I also spent a week in training in Albuquerque.  This meant eating out every meal.  And no time to exercise---except for the night we all went dancing together!

Anyway, while in Albuquerque, I bought some XL Old Navy shirts.  In the past two weeks, I have had more compliments and comments about my weight loss than I've had all year. 

One of my favorite cheerleaders (who sees me regularly) sent me this note on Facebook:
I didn't catch you after church yesterday...but I just had to tell you that you are looking sooooooooo good! I know the road is hard at times...but this is building such perseverance in you and the fact that you are sticking w/it and being faithful to the God who built your "temple"...I think He's so pleased Love ya!!
Another, who I haven't since before the transformation began (she moved away), sent this after a posted a picture from Halloween:
You look amazing!! What are you doing?
Even my boss' mother-in-law (who attends my church) caught me coming in on Sunday and commented on my weight loss.

So the moral of the story is:
When you have lost a bunch of weight--make sure you update your wardrobe!!

The first picture is a face comparison. Our church uses a networking software program called Church Community Builder (CCB). About a year or so ago, I added a picture. Last week, I decided it was time to update the picture on my profile.
The lighting is awful, but here's a comparison. The blue shirt is one of the Old Navy XL's I mentioned.
 

4 comments:

  1. Rock!!! yay you! Your transformation is lookin FAB! Keep it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a difference!! Your shoulders are getting so slender!! and you are totally right about getting clothes that fit you when you are losing weight..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! You look fantastic...we all need a maintain break once in a while - you should be really proud that you maintained!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been tracking inches? Because I don't think that's just the clothes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...