Monday, June 1, 2015

Not according to plan

I had a plan. But sometimes life intervenes.  I am so ready to get back on board with fitness. I have taken some steps forward, but I've also had some delays.


I'm on the 3rd of 8 weeks of my class (Health and Wellness Coaching). Here were my goals:

  • Drink no Diet Coke 
  • Drink lots of water
  • Eat at 5 servings of fruit and veggies a day
  • Log at least 60,000 steps a week (average of 10,000 steps 5 days a week and 5000 steps 2 days a week).
  • Run at least 2 times a week
  • Check in on my blog at least 3 times a week
  • Lose 10 pounds
I have done well on the Diet Coke.  Except for one day when I broke down and bought one.  I only drank a few sips of it.  It's been almost 2 weeks, and for the most part I am not craving it. 



I've been drinking lots of water.  Although I was so busy at work last week that I kept forgetting to drink. I have been drinking water all day.

The fruits and veggies have been hit and miss. Some days I get them, others not so much.
The first week, I logged a lot of steps. (18,000 one day!!). Last week, I didn't do as well, but I got a few.

Running....welll...that's on the back burner for a while.  (More below).  A huge NSV regarding running: I have now run a mile in less than 15 minutes! (My average had been between 18 and 19 minutes). I can't keep up the pace for more than a mile, but that is one step closer to a Disney run!

Checking in on my blog 3 times a week.  Um....not happening.  Things have been very crazy at work (did I mention that!?) I normally have 3-5 kids "pending".  Lately I've had 30 kids "pending".  That means a lot of appointments and a lot of paperwork. (And a lot of overtime!)

When I got to the hospital today, my weight was 241.8 which is about a 6 or 7 pound loss.

Oh yeah. I told you I'd get back to that.  Last week I was in the emergency room with chest pains (again!).  I've never had chest pains while running or working out.  Anyway, test all looked good (x-ray, blood work, EKG), but my primary doctor sent me to the cardiologist. He wanted to take a look inside since we couldn't find a reason for the chest pains.  So this morning, I had an angiogram (aka heart catherization).  My heart looks good!  No blockage. No leaks. Very little plaque--nothing to be concerned about.  But I won't be able to run for at least a week.  (I'm hoping my doctor will clear me to run after that.)



1 comment:

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...