Wednesday, July 26, 2017

I am not Obese

The first time my name and "obese" were used in the same sentence--to my knowledge--was in the early 90's. I had to have a physical before I began working in a hospital-owned daycare.  The doctor wrote a note stating something like, "Julie is morbidly obese woman who is in good health."  I was shocked and embarrassed. Yes, I had put on some weight (about 10 pounds a year), but obese? And morbidly obese?  But I didn't make changes. It was another 10 years later--when my Daddy died--that I first got on the diet roller coaster. Then my weight went down (as low as 220) and up (as high as 306) a few times.  But I always remained "obese".  No longer.  As of this morning, I am OVERWEIGHT!




1 comment:

  1. So proud of you. You have worked long and hard. Congratulations!
    God is faithful.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...