Saturday, December 23, 2017

Progress pictures

I just realized I have not posted any progress pictures on my blog in a while. If you don't follow me on Facebook, check out my Half a Julie page.  Here are pictures from the last couple of months.

If you are on a journey yourself, please take lots of pictures along the way.  The "before" pictures are not a painful reminder to me.  They are simply a part of my history.  Without the "before" the "after" does not have as much meaning.

Let's start with the current one. First picture is size 3XL shirt and 4XL stretchy jeans (because my 28s were too small). Second picture is Large shirt and size 12 skinny jeans.

January 2013 to December 2017
 My husband has been on this journey with me too. This picture was taken on our 30th wedding anniversary in February.  The next picture was taken in November. We've each lost about 80 pounds in 2017--a total of 235 pounds.  What you can't see in the second picture is I am sitting on his knee--and he is not in pain!
Our 30th anniversary in February 2017
November 2017

January 2013 to October 2017
My sister bought this (Large!) Minnie Mouse shirt to celebrate my 100 pounds lost. I found this shirt from our last trip to Disneyland (2011) where I was wearing a men's 3XL.
December 2011 to October 2011

January 2013 to September 2017 (label is wrong in picture)
 This first picture was taken about 2 months before my brother got sick--my catalyst for change.
September 2012 to September 2017




1 comment:

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...