Monday, January 22, 2024

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose, a lot has happened.

Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose Ambassador. 



As an Ambassador, but "job" is help spread the word about Donors Choose--specifically helping new staff get started. I've helped 4 teachers from my school, as well as 3 from other school, post their first project.  Most of them have had at least one project funded.

I have now had 21 projects funded--totaling over $6000.

My projects have included:

  • Books---lots of books
  • Laptop risers--so students can stand to work
  • Folding lap tables--so my kids can work on the floor with a desk
  • A standing desk for me, with a wireless mouse and keyboard--so I can access my Promethean Board without being in the way of the class.
  • Snacks
  • Hygiene and warmth items
  • Headphones, scissors, and mice for each student
  • Water bottles for each of my 70+students
  • Cushions and bean bags for alternative seating


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...