Friday, February 1, 2013

Huge Loss this week

So the other day I was bemoaning the fact that I had "only" lost 8.4 pounds (about 2 pounds a week).  I  *knew* that 2 pounds a week was healthy, but it still felt so slow.  And I promised to try to be more content.

Then I weighed in this morning. I normally weigh in only on Tuesdays. But I decided to weigh in today (Friday) since it's the first of the month. I thought it would be nice to have a total number of pounds lost during January.  My last weigh in was 297.6.

So I stepped on the scale. (Not my scale or my legs!)


My weight today (3 days later!) was (drumroll please)
291.8
Yes. You read that correctly.  A 5.8 pound loss.

I didn't quite believe it. So I moved the scale all around the bathroom. (In case it was unlevel.) I got the same number each time.

This brings my weight loss in January to 14 pounds.  That's almost a pound every 2 days.

I don't know if my body is just catching up with the work I'm doing.  Or if adding running is helping.  Of if I was retaining water.  Or if it was a fluke.  But I am thrilled!

Tomorrow I'll post my monthly update pictures. I decided on first Saturday of each month.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! It is always nice to have the hard work you are putting in show up on the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! Two more pounds would have been nothing to sneeze at, but still... :)

    I'm playing catch up on my reader and saw your list of accomplishments AND that you'd started running. No matter what the scale says, Julie, you are doing some amazing things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...