Tuesday, February 25, 2014

MIA

 It's been a while since I've been here, and I've been wanting to update everyone.  But life has been crazy (crazier than usual!) lately.

I was overwhelmed at the beginning of the year.  And that was before the craziness came in.  During the first couple of weeks of the year, we had two people (adults) we knew who decided they could no longer face the physical pain they were in.  They both chose to give up the fight.  One was about a month older than me.

Then we had a school shooting in town.  Fortunately there were only two injuries (no deaths).  The shooter was not a gang banger drug addict from a broken home.  He was a good kid, from an intact family. This is a family we know well as we attend the same church.  This really rocked our church and our community.

Then, my uncle was diagnosed with Stage IV pancreatic cancer.

Two weeks later, my father-in-law (who has has been sick since February) was diagnosed with an aggressive form of liver cancer that is not treatable.  We share a home with my in-laws.  

Both my FIL and my uncle are in hospice care.

The day after my FIL's diagnosis, my aunt died after a long battle with dementia and other health issues. (She had been in hospice care for a while).  Her husband is not doing well.  And another aunt has been in the hospital.

As you can tell, life has been overwhelming.  I am lucky to make it to the gym once a week.  I'm trying to get moving with walking again.

The good news in all of this is that I am maintaining my weight loss.  No new lower numbers. But at least the scale is staying (pretty much) in place.


 

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Prayers for you and your family. And definitely good news that you are taking care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So many shooting now-a-days. Glad your family is safe. Sending prayers your way. Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, my thoughts and prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending many thoughts and prayers your way, Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...