Thursday, March 27, 2014

Gone by not forgotten

Hi all.  I promised my self a long time ago that I would never apologize for not blogging.  I blog to share my journey.  I blog to process my thoughts.  But I don't blog because I have to fulfill a schedule. 

Last time I posted, I shared that my FIL had been diagnosed with terminal liver cancer.  He was diagnosed on February 1.  We had 4 more weeks with him, and entered Heaven on March 4th.  Our family is struggling to find our new normal.

Health wise, I have been on the back burner.  During the weeks before and after his death, people brought food, and I ate whatever they brought.  It's been three weeks, and I need to back on track. We are going to be out of town this weekend, so maybe next week....

I haven't been exercising at all either. I gave up my gym membership because I knew I wouldn't be able to use it while Dad was on hospice care. And, as much as I love my Zumba teacher, we are probably going to switch to a gym that has an indoor pool so my husband and son (who have problems with their legs) will be able to exercise.

I have been gone, but I have not forgotten.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss. The "new normal" will never feel quite right, but the pain will lessen in time. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...