Monday, January 2, 2017

Weighing in

Scales--the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat for every dieter.  I have learned that a number on a scale does not define me. And there are other ways (NSV--non-scale victories) that mean more than that number.  But sometimes it is important to have a number.

Last time I bought a scale, I bought a fancy one from Sam's Club for more than $50.  It promised to keep track of the ups and downs of several people, and it was supposed to tell me my body fat percentage.  I never figured out how to set the various profiles, and the body fat function never worked. The instructions said to step on the scale with slightly damp feet.  Um...that didn't work well.

I found a scale that--wait for it--weighs you!  It is a cleanly designed scale with no bells and whistles.  It just weighs you.  The EatSmart Precision Choice Digital Bathroom Scale.   The scale normally sells for about $35, but it's on sale for $11.95, and it's on Amazon Prime (that means free shipping!!).



This scale measures in pounds, kilograms, and stones.  What exactly are stones? Although, I could say I weigh 112 (kg) or 17 (stone).  It does sound better than 249 (pounds)!  This scale is accurate up to 400 pounds. 

The best part it is beeps when the weight it locked in, and then it stays on the screen for a few seconds. For some of you that might not be a big deal, but when you have a large belly or are "well endowed" sometimes it's hard to see the numbers on the scale. The beep tells you it has locked in your weight, and then you can step off and view the number.




The scale is a shiny black tempered glass. Just a note---if you are taking pictures make sure you have clothes on! It is reflective!



Note: I was compensated for my review (including a free scale), but all opinions are my own.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...