Monday, January 2, 2017

I am a Runner

Two posts in one day? And after months of silence? I'm going to try to fix that!

Today I ran for the first time in a long time. I did an outdoor run. It felt good to feel the wind gently blow my hair. Not that it was a perfect run.  I forgot my sunglasses. My Bluetooth headphones didn't get plugged in. Three small kids on bikes kept blocking my path. Some tweens thought it would be funny to dump out my water bottle and throw it on the ground.

But despite all of that. I ran. I ran a total of 3 miles. One mile at a time with some walking between.  But I am on my way back!  My headband (from HippieRunner) says, "And she ran happily ever after".  My goal for this year is to walk at least a mile a day and to run at least 3 miles a week. I'd love to train for a half marathon along the way too.


This week I participated in the Runkeeper "I am a runner" event. I may not be fast. I may not run every day (or even every month). But I am a runner.


I started the new year at 248 pounds. that is 58 pounds lighter than I started 2013. Unfortunately, it's also about 15 pounds higher than my lowest weight since the journey began.  But I am proud of the the 58 pounds I have managed to keep off.  Now it's time to reach my goals.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like everyone has been away for a while. Glad to see you are still at it Julie! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...