Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Off to Yosemite

My husband and I are packing. Midday tomorrow we head to California. I'm running the Yosemite Half Marathon in four days!!

It's funny how you wait and wait and wait for something that seems like it will never happen.  And then all of sudden it's here.

I am so grateful to the friends, family, and co-workers who have encouraged me along the way.  Every like, comment, and share has encouraged me to keep going.

I am humbled and amazed at the people who half reached into their wallets to help make this dream a reality.  Among my sponsors;

  • People I went to church with may years ago and people I go to church with now.
  • People I sing in the choir with and people I've served in other ministries with.
  • People I met on-line first and people I have never met in real life.
  • A cousin by birth and a cousin by marriage.
  • A former missionary a family headed to the mission field.
  • My boss and my entire work unit.
  • Even my dentist! (He's also from my church and my choir!)
One friend got this whole journey started by offering me a week in her condo and paying my registration.

People have offered me training advice.

Someone loaned me a jog stroller so I could keep training with Sweet Pea.

My co-workers encouraged me to go to gym when I didn't feel like it.

My doctor has been monitoring my progress and cheering me on.

I have at least four people driving in to cheer me across the finish line.

I am truly blessed.  And I am excited to represent all of you as I cross the finish line on Saturday.



1 comment:

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...