Sunday, November 4, 2018

Catching up

You may have noticed my last post was just before I ran my first half marathon at Yosemite. I did attempt to upload pictures that day, but it didn't work. Since then, I've had a series of delays and setbacks. I'm going to make a few posts, but here is a summary....


  • May 12th -- Successfully ran my first half marathon. My oldest brother Shawn--my inspiration to get healthy and lose weight--was at my finish line.
  • May 19th --returned to work
  • May 29th -- headed back to California--this time with my 3 kids
  • June 2nd -- celebrated my Mama's 80th birthday with all 7 siblings
  • June 5th -- returned to work
  • June 9th -- my oldest brother had a massive stroke
  • June 12th -- my brother Shawn was moved to hospice care
  • June 20th --my brother died
  • June 27th -- my brother's funeral (watched via Facebook)
  • August -- family made decision to move Mama to Roswell, New Mexico (where I live) where she will live in a one bedroom senior living facility.
  • September 18 -- Mama arrived in New Mexico (after a crazy day visiting 5 airports in 4 states after the sky cap took Mama to baggage claim instead of her connecting flight). She moved into my house for the next couple of weeks or so.
  • September 25 -- interviewed for my dream job
  • October 6 -- My sister Linda arrived to help get Mama settled in her new apartment. Unfortunately, Mama's truck had not yet arrived.
  • October 11 --Mama's first night in her new apartment.
  • October 12 -- took Linda to Albuquerque to visit our brother Brian before flying home.
  • October 17 -- Mama's truck arrived. Had it unloaded into a storage unit. Began taking a few boxes a day to Mama's apartment.
  • October 29th -- received official offer and accepted my new job.
And somewhere along the way my blog got hacked.  It was redirecting to another site. I couldn't figure out how to fix it.

As you can tell, life has been hectic. Along the way--especially after my brother's stroke--I fell completely off the wagon. 



Well...that's not even accurate.  


For about two months, I have been trying to climb back on the wagon. But it keeps rolling away. Tomorrow is my new start date. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...