Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Getting stuff just for working out!


After I got my FitBit in February, I found a couple of places to earn free stuff just for exercising.  Since I was planning to continue exercising, it made sense to sign up.  (Worst case, I get nothing....Best case, I get something free!)






I signed up for Earndit.  Most of the rewards are for a certain dollar amount off a larger purchase. (example $35 off of a $70 purchase).  It's a great deal if it's somewhere you'd shop anyway (or you are looking for somewhere new to shop.)  I signed up for a NatureBox special, but because I was already signed up, I was not able to use it. (But customer service gave me a better deal!)



Another free one I signed up for was EveryMove.  EveryMove offers a few rewards.  Many, like Earndit, are discounts on a product or service. But since the beginning of March, I've won 1 (and halfway to another) $5 Amazon code, and I've donated $5 to Make a Wish Foundation.  All for doing what I was going to do anyway.  And since I linked it to MyFitnessPal and FitBit, I don't have to re-enter anything!


Yesterday, I was notified by EveryMove that I won a drawing!  What did I win?  I'm glad you asked!  I won a one-night stay at Hotel Monaco in Seattle; a pair of Saucony running shoes; a BodyMedia FIT armband; and an EveryMove t-shirt and water bottle.  I don't expect to be in Seattle any time soon, so I hope I can transfer the hotel stay to someone else.


There are a couple of other things I've found that require you to "put your money where your mouth is".  DietBet encourages you to lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks.  Everybody puts up the same amount of money (from $10 to $500). And everyone who wins (meets the goal) gets a share of the pot. I won a $25 bet (I won $44.06).  And I am currently in a $10 one. I have another one that starts on Saturday. You can join here. 



The jury is still out on Gympact.  The idea is you commit (pact) to workout a certain number of times per week. And you agree to have your credit card charged (from $5 to $50) for every time you don't workout. If you honor your pact, you get paid (basically from the people who didn't workout.)  I
haven't earned anything yet, so I don't know if it will be good or not.



Where to find me in the heath and fitness world:

By the way, all of these have iPhone apps. I'm not sure about Android apps.

FitBit Profile (Feel free to friend me. I'm always up to some competition!)
Earndit (If you follow the link I'll get 100 points).
NatureBox (If you sign up with my link and use the code "healthy", you will save $5 and I'll get a $10 credit on my account.)
MyFitnessPal (feel free to add me as a friend)
Every Move (You can add 50 friends. I have none yet.)


Have you found any great ways to earn free stuff for working out? 



 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these Julie. I am going to check the out. I am already on MFP & Fitbit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard of most of these. I did sign up for my first Dietbet this week. I hope it helps me keep on track and making more of an effort to get started.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...