Monday, April 15, 2013

Liebster award (aka a chance to learn about me!)

I've seen posts with the Liebster award announced before, and now it's my turn!  My new friend, Laurie over at Lulu and Daisy bestowed the prestigious award on me.



So, the first question is, What is a Liebster Award?  
The Liebster Award is for bloggers with fewer than 200 followers  A Blogger nominates 11 fellow bloggers  and asks them a set of 11 questions. The rules state that a nominee must link back to the blogger from whom they received a nomination. The nominee will write 11 random facts about themselves and then answer the 11 questions which have been set for them. They in turn will nominate another 11 bloggers and pose 11 questions to them. This is a really fun way to discover and connect with new bloggers and help us all gain some new followers along the way! 


  1. I'm the middle of 3 generations of left handed women (Mom, me, and my daughter). 
  2. I'm the youngest of 7 kids. (4 brothers and 2 sisters).  <This picture was 5 years ago when we all went to surprise Mom for her 70th birthday>
  3. I've lived in California, Missouri, Oklahoma, and New Mexico.
  4. I absolutely hate "captcha codes", and I'm thinking about unfollowing some blogs because the codes always give me errors when I try to comment on blogs. 
  5. I've been married to my best friend for more than 26 years. 
  6. Many people around the internet know me as "Mom2Ways" because I am a mom two ways (by birth and by adoption). 
  7. I can think of a song to fit just about any situation.
  8. I fell in love with flying the first time I flew (at age 35!) 
  9. I played alto sax in high school, and I haven't touched a saxophone since my high school graduation in 1987.
  10. We are all Apple household. (Except my work computer).
  11. I can't stand reality TV shows except cooking shows and The Biggest Loser.



1. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
13. And I married him. :)

2. How do you relax?
I spend time on the computer. Either reading blogs of playing a game.

3. If I handed you $1000, what would you do?
Fly out to California and run a 5K with my big sister.

4. Favorite flavor of Jello?
Watermelon. (But I'm not a big Jell-O fan).

5. Favorite childhood cartoon?
The Jetsons or the Flinstones.

6. Why did you start blogging?
This time, to help me document my weight loss journey--and possibly be inspired (or inspire) along the way.

7. Give us a dirty little secret! :)
Mud.  :)

8. Who is your celebrity crush? Bonus points if you post a pic!
None.  (I guess I'm kind of boring that way!)

9. What is on your mind RIGHT NOW?
Trying to figure out when I can squeeze a run in tomorrow.

10. What song gets stuck in your head constantly?
Gold by Britt Nicole.  It's my favorite song to run to.

11. Favorite sport to watch?
None.  I don't like to watch sports. I tolerate high school football games to watch my son in the band.

Blogs I've found along the way:


Binge There Done That

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that! Thank you for sharing a little more about yourself and for pointing me to new blogs!

    I don't like captcha either. I'm finding it more and more difficult to read correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to read more about you! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You graduated the year before me! Cheers my 80's friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...