Friday, June 7, 2013

I'm officially A 5K'er (Fitness Friday)

After months of training and anticipating, I have official signed up for my first 5K. 


The 19th Annual
Alien Chase
(A benefit for the Roswell Humane Society)
on Saturday, July 6th
@7 am

There were options for 5K walk, 5K run, 10K walk, and 10K run.  I signed up for the 5K RUN!

There are rewards for the most colorful shirt and the best costumed alien.
Awards will be given to the best male and female in each "decade" (40-49).  I am not anticipating an age award (unless all the other 40-something women who are running are REALLLLLLY slow!)

Watch for my upcoming series of tips for first race. (If you have ideas to share, e-mail me.)

I saw this one Facebook today and I had to snag it!


13 comments:

  1. Way to go Julie! You'll love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome!! So exciting at the first race., have fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading your recap, Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Julie!!! Singing up for a race and making a commitment like that is the best motivator in the world!! I still remember the day I signed up (and finished) my first 5K. It's such a huge accomplishment. I can't wait to read all about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! That's very exciting I'm sure you will be great. Remember to double tie your shoes, have a good sports bra on, and have a fun playlist to listen to :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun 5k run. You will enjoy it and love the feeling of accomplishment

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck in your first race! signing up is the biggest part to committing to training for something :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so going to totally love it.
    Good luck, and I look forward to hearing the recap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting to anticipate the first! You're going to rock the 5K! Keep us updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Can't wait for the recap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!!! That's very exciting I'm sure you will be great. Remember to double tie your shoes, have a good sports bra on, and have a fun playlist to listen to

    Fitness Club in Panchkula

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...