Friday, March 2, 2018

Yosemite Bound

In case you are wondering, I did not fall off the face of the earth. About a month and a half ago, my husband finally got his total knee replacement. Recovery was going well, but then he sprained his new knee. We've been busy with doctors appointments.  Plus work has been busy. And my computer has been having problems.

I have been busy working, and I've been training for my half marathon. As you can see from the ticker above, I'm just over 2 months from my Yosemite Half marathon! 

If you are interested in helping me get to California, you can join my Facebook fundraiser at Road to Yosemite or through PayPal (e-mail address: HalfaJulie@outlook.com).



Here are some progress pictures.
Came cross this picture from last Valentine's Day (about 6 weeks into keto).
The second picture is last Saturday's 10k.

Far left senior year of high school 175#
Middle: starting weight 306#
Far right: Today 166#

5 years difference

5 years difference




1 comment:

  1. Julie what an inspiration you are! Melody pointed me to your blog because I too am doing the ketogenic eating plan. I’m not calling it a diet, because for me it’s more like a healthier way of eating for life. I’ve just begun about a month ago and I am down about 15 pounds so far. Im not turning back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...